Doing it the Powershell way:
- The first line “get-windowsfeature *backup*” is in order to figure out the name of the backup feature to install.
Import Server-Manager Add-WindowsFeature Windows-Server-Backup
- Powershell output:
Doing it using GUI
- Open Server Manager, click Manage and “Add Roles and Features”.
- Click next.
- Select the server you want to install something on and click next.
- Server Backup is a “Feature“, so just press next here or click “Features” in the left hand column.
- Scroll Down and select “Windows Server Backup“. Click Next.
- Review and click Install.
- Sit back and wait.
- You can view your task detail in Server Manager.