First of all, this is just a simple 2 server, 1 Workstation test lab, so stuff can go unnoticed, as this proves.
The first sign of error (that I noticed).
I wanted to enable Active Directory recycle bin, but instead of doing just that, I recieved this error:
I must admit it had me a little taken aback as I just did a post on creating test users, which replicated just fine.
As you can see I have an assortment of errors, all of which leads back to faulty replication.
Ok, so everything indicated a syncrhonization problem, so lets take a look at it, using the following command, which gave me some usefull information (click for big image):
What we can gather from the above output are the following failure:
Schema Naming Context (
NC) failed to synchronize with the result:
failed, result 1908 (0x774).
This makes for a very usefull search on the net: Troubleshooting AD Replication error 1908: Could not find the domain controller for this domain.
The post is rather long winded, so what it says is to manually force a synchronization.
Manually start a Replication
In order to force a synchronization, we open Active Directory Sites and Services (dssite.msc), browse through your site to your servers, right-clik a server and choose Replicate now:
This could take a long time depending on the size and structure of your Active Directory.
Lets verify using the
repadmin /showreps command.